Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Depot Beach Adventures... Beginning...

This past Friday (July 24, 2009) found me on my way to Depot Beach, being chauffeur driven by host Guy while hostess Ruth and their son Andrew amused themselves (and us) in the back seat with the luggage and blankets that wouldn't fit in the "boot." Following a stop in Kiama for viewing the "Blow-hole" and a lunch of fish and chips with sea gull and pelican watching for our amusement, we arrived at Depot Beach with enough daylight for a wander down to the beach before sunset. (no Internet and no phone service at Depot Beach... no TV either) So this will be short and sweet because now I'm in Auckland, New Zealand and the guest house where I'm staying doesn't have a clue what to do about getting Macs on their wireless network (nor do I) and their one PC is PATHETIC!

So am posting this from a coffee house down the street (free wi-fi if you buy a cup of coffee or tea) before heading down to the waterfront to find a restaurant for dinner. I'll obviously be playing catch-up with posts for the rest of my trip... back to Depot Beach, though... Have included two photos below... one from the beach and one of a Laughing Kookaburra who was hanging around our cabins when we arrived.

Grasshopper Island as seen from Depot Beach


laughing kookaburra

1 comment:

Trishaaristead (aka Kerry) said...

I remember the kookaburra from my visit to Australia - they were wonderful birds and I so wish that I had a decent camera back then as they came so close.

Sounds like you are having a great time.