Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 4, 2009: Stanley, Idaho and vicinity...

Another lovely day in Stanley, Idaho... Michael off on another mountain biking adventure and me busily playing photographer... Mike's ride start took us down a dirt road off the main highway through some marvelously beautiful countryside... so of course I stopped along the way on my return to the main road to take photographs before continuing on to Stanley Lake where I did some hiking and took more photographs!

Sawtooth Mountains near Stanley, Idaho
Roadside view of the beautiful Sawtooth Mountains near Stanley, Idaho...
sandhill cranes
Sandhill Cranes are slightly over 3 feet tall and easily spotted from a distance... this is the best my telephoto lens was able to do at capturing this group...
mountains reflected in stanley lake
Mt.McGowan reflected in Stanley Lake near Stanley , Idaho... this view was my lunch time vista...
Sawtooth Mountain range
Sawtooth Mountains near Stanley, Idaho... another of the many wonderful views to be seen...

No comments: