- Preheat oven to 300° C,
- Beat together 1 egg white and 2 Tbsp water until frothy.
- Add 1/4 tsp allspice, 1/4 tsp ground cloves and 1/2 tsp cinnamon to egg white mix and blend well.
- Add 2-1/2 C pecan halves last and stir to coat thoroughly with the egg white, spice mixture.
- Spread on non-stick baking sheet and and bake for 45 min. Stir to separate during cooking (at the 15 min and 30 min mark). Cool completely and store in airtight container.
- NOTE that the recipe as given to me suggests spreading the nuts out on a foil lined baking sheet but I've found that the nuts stick to the foil and it's a REAL mess to stir them during the baking.
- Preheat oven to 350° C.
- 1 C butter at room temperature
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C sifted flour
- 6 oz milk chocolate (I use Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and use the other half of the 12 ounce bag for the truffle recipe that follows this one.)
- 1 C chopped nuts (whatever kind you prefer)
Delightful Chocolate Truffles (2nd option; adapted from Time-Life Family Favorites Made Easy)
- 12 oz chocolate (I used 6 oz Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 6 oz Hershey's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate)
- 2/3 C heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or other flavoring)
- Coatings: 2 Tbsp cocoa powder sifted together with 1/2 Tbsp powdered sugar; granulated sugar; finely chopped nuts; coconut flakes